Friday, November 30, 2012

Love? Someday..



I have a passion to love those around me. Even strangers on the street I care for. When people hurt me and use the love I have for them against me, my heart fills with despair. I dream of love everyday. You could even say I'm a hopeless romantic because I am. I have a huge imagination and have pictured what love would look like. The only problem is how to find it. Someday I will but right now I keep getting hurt. I'm strong enough to pick myself back up and try to look for the positive parts in my life. I am afraid that my heart is slowly chipping away. For my birthday last year, things were stressful, and I was truly afraid of what was to come. Someone gave me a note that said "little girl, don't you go let life harden your heart." I read those words even now and find a bit of hope and encouragement that one day I will find love. I know I can't give up, but my past and my present life keep letting me down. Perhaps it's time to stop searching for this thing called "love." Perhaps I'm just not ready for it yet. I will make a promise to myself that I  won't allow my heart to be frozen from all the hate and despair in the world around us. Right now what I need most of all is just to know that I'm not alone. I have people that care in my life and even when they aren't around, and I am sitting alone that's what I need to remember most of all. Ironically, my cat just came and hopped on my lap almost as if he knows what is going through my mind.

"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and knows in your presence that life is worth while. Whenever your lonely remember it's true that somebody somewhere is thinking of you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment